Monday, September 26, 2011

Okai Musik future events

Okai Musik
Good morning Good evening good night good people all over the world. Since I'v been back from Africa its been a real creative and inspiring journey. As you may know by now i'm involved in many different music family's and non-profits and I would like to keep you updated on future shows and events. Oct 2nd is my birthday but i'm having a party on Oct 1st for all my peoples who are libra's. I'm usually not excited about my birthday but this one i'm really hype about.Come thru and meet some talented good people.
Thank you to all that helped and supported me through out this journey its greatly appreciated. All the musicians I callaborated with this year were amazing and I still have until the rest of the year God willing to do more.
Besides these dates I'm about to give you, I always have spontaneous shows coming up, so plz keep up with me on facebook.
www.facebook.com/okaimusik.
Coming up for the Libra and Scorpio months 




BrownRiceFamily.com 
Just released a new album called BrownRiceFamily radiostation. We're getting some really good feedback so please show support by purchasing this wonderful album. You will not be disappointed. 
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/brownricefamily 


Oct 1st- BRF will be performing at my birthday party in Brooklyn 75 Grand ave. If you would like to come please respond to this email and send me your name.
Oct 24th-  BRF @ Barmatchless 557 Manhattan ave Brooklyn,NY with Denitia Odigee, Phill Lassiter and Christin Hoberg. I'm really looking forward to this night cause thats just to many dope musicians in one spot. 
Nov 11- is BRF official release date for the album. We are looking at 2 different venues for the release party but I will be posting the venue up really soon so please keep your ears to the ground for this event.
Nov 12- BRF @ the opening of Cumbe Dance studio 7pm. 558 Fulton st near Flatbush ave. I am very proud to be apart of this new dance studio dedicated to the African diaspora dance for adults and kids. Me and Yuichi have been playing drums for Ms.Pat's west African dance class and its going to get even bigger and better and i'm glad i'm involved with the opening of whats going to be a legendary place.www.cumbedance.com

UnderGround Horns
Sep 29th- UH @ Barbes 376 9th street in ParkSlope Brooklyn 10pm.
Oct 21- UH @ Nublu 24 1st ave NY,NY 11.30pm.
Oct 30th-UH @Halloween Kid's parade in Redhook 10.45am
Oct 31st-UH @ NY Halloween Parade 

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/undergroundhorns

 OkaiMusik.com
I'm currently writing a musical play called "The Dream dedicated to the Ancestors" that involves drumming,singing, rapping,poetry,chanting and dancing which will be accompanied with an album. I need some help because this is new terrirtory for me. If you would like to get involved please don't hesistate to get up with me, I'm super easy to find.
Thank you to all that came to the NegusWorld listening party we got some really good feedback on what sounded good or not from the people who were there. We greatly appreciate that. Thanks to all who came to the SouthPaw show with BRF and Bennchoumy. We will be bringing the new Haitian sound to many venues so look out for that dancing moment. 
Before you believe in anything else, believe in yourself. Peace.

No comments: